You Are Here: Blue Belt
Blue Belt 4th Kup
PATTERN – Joong-Gun 32 movements
JOONG-GUN is named after the patriot Ahn Joong-Gun who assassinated Hiro-Bumi Ito, the first Japanese governor-general of Korea, known as the man who played the leading part in the Korea-Japan merger. There are 32 movements in this pattern to represent Mr. Ahn’s age when he was executed in a Lui-Shung prison (1910).
- Reverse knife-hand middle block
(Sonkal dung kaunde makgi)
- Upper elbow strike
(Wi palkup taerigi)
- Pressing block
- Right angle punch
- U-shape block
- Rear foot stance
(Dwit bal sogi)
- Low stance
- X – Block
- Downward block
Power test techniques
- 1. Knife-hand strike to target at 45-degree angle
- Right and Left reverse turning kicks to target at 45 degree angle
1 Step Sparring – IIbo Matsoki
Attacking and Defending
(One step consists of counter attacks to a single punch in a walking stance. All attacks start from parallel ready stance, first on the right side then on the left side. Counter attacks to punches from either side must be practiced.)
The defender must execute efficient blocking or evading techniques followed by counter attacks consisting of a combination of hand or foot striking techniques or take down techniques. Regardless if the defender is to evade or take down their partner they should always follow through to “finish off’ their attacker
- It is vital that all techniques are correct and focused on the proper target.
- Proper distance and control must be maintained.
- All kicks and punches must be fully extended to the target without striking.
Therefore demonstrating the exponent’s proficiency and control as expected of their grade
Movements – 32
Ready Posture – CLOSED READY STANCE “B”
1. Move the left foot to B forming a right L-stance toward B while executing a middle block to B with the left reverse knife-hand.
2.Execute a low side front snap kick to B with the left foot, keeping the position of the hands as they were in 1.
3. Lower the left foot to B and then move the right foot to B forming a left rear foot stance toward B while executing an upward block with a right palm.
4. Move the right foot to A forming a left L-stance toward A, at the same time executing a middle block to A with a right reverse knife-hand.
5. Execute a low side front snap kick to A with the right foot, keeping the position of the hands as they were in 4.
6. Lower the right foot to A and then move the left foot to A forming a right rear foot stance toward A while executing an upward block with a left palm.
7. Move the left foot to D forming a right L-stance toward D while executing a middle guarding block to D with a knife-hand.