Please follow our rules and etiquette
Do-Jang Rules and Etiquette
- Be on time.
- Bow upon entering or leaving the Do-Jang.
- Bow to the instructor at the proper distance.
- Before the class commences and when it finishes, form orderly lines facing the instructor, with the most senior student standing to the their right, and the remainder lining up from right to left in order of seniority.
- At the beginning and end of the class, the most senior student calls the class to attention with the command (CHARYOT), followed by Boosabum (1st-3rd degree Assistant Instructor), Sabum (4th-6th degree Instructor), Sahyun (7th-8th degree Master) or Saseong (9th degree Grand Master), whichever is appropriate.
- He/She gives the command to bow to the instructor (KYONG-YE), as they bow all students say ” TAEKWON “.
Recite the Oath prior to training.
- Before asking a question attract the instructor’s attention by raising you hand.
- Always address your instructor as Sir/Madam or Mr. / Mrs. / Ms / Miss.
- Always ask for the instructor’s permission before entering or leaving the class.
- Dobuk (suit) and belt must be worn in all classes after first grading, with the belt displaying your correct grade and tied in the designated manner.
- If a T-shirt is to be worn under the dobuk, it must only be white.
- It is forbidden to wear shoes, runners etc., in the dojang except for Taekwon-Do shoes.
- A high degree of personal hygiene is expected e.g. finger and toe nails clipped and clean.
- Always turn to the side before fixing dobuk.
- Smoking, eating, drinking or chewing gum is not permitted in the dojang.
- The wearing of jewellery, watches, rings, etc., in the class is strictly not permitted. No earrings or metal hair clips during sparring class.
- When practising with a partner, always bow to your partner before you start and when you finish.
- To the best of your ability, dobuks must be cleaned and pressed for class.
- Never lose your temper in the Do-Jang, especially during sparring.
- No talking during class except to ask a question.
- Students must behave in a disciplined manner while training.
- No profanity will be used in the Do-Jang.
- Respect all members of senior grade.
- Any student who is late or not in a clean and complete dobuk for class must get the instructors permission and bow to the instructor before joining the class.