Revision: Yellow Tag We hope this page is helpful to your studies
When two opponents of equal strength and technique fight it off, it is what is in their heart, and how they use their mind that will decide who will win.
You Should Know The Korean Words For These
Training hall – Dojang
Training suit – Dobuk
Ball of the Foot – Ap Kumchi
Foot Sword – Balkal
Head – Mori
New Techniques - You Will Be Asked To Perform These
1: Sitting stance, double punch
Annun sogi, ap joomuk jirugi (x2)
2: Walking stance, front kick, double punch
Gunnun sogi, ap chagi, baro jirugi, bandae jirugi
3: Walking stance, low block, reverse punch
Gunnun sogi, bakat palmok najundi makgi, bandae jirugi
4: Knife-hand low section block
Sonkal najunde makgi
5: Front kick — Ap chagi
6: Front snap kick — ( apcha bisugi )
7: L Stance – Niunja Sogi
Typical Questions You May Be Asked By Your Instructor
1. How many moves in Chon-ji?
2. What is the meaning of Chon-ji?
3. How do you form a knifehand?
4. What is front snap kick in Korean?
5. What part of the foot is used when performing front snap kick?
6. What is the Korean for a pattern?
7. What is the Korean for a Strike?
8. What does the colour Yellow Belt signify?
9. What is L-stance in Korean?
10. What is the weight distribution in L-stance?
11. What is the Korean for 3 step sparring?
12. Name 3 blocks in Korean?
13. What part of the arm is the blocking tool when using Rising block?
14. Is Rising block performed half or full facing?
15. What is the Korean for double punch?
16. What is significant about 11th April 1955 ?
17. Who is our GrandMaster in Taekwondo, currently 9th Degree?
18. What is the Korean for fore fist & back fist?
19. What is the Korean for knifehand?
20. Count to 10 in Korean.
21. How do you perform a fist?
22. Name the 5 Tenets of Taekwondo.
23. What does Taekwondo stand for?
24. What is the Korean name for Reverse and Obverse?
Yellow Tag – Quiz